EAFE 2023 :
Dear EAFE members, friends and colleagues We are pleased to announce that the 19th Meeting of the European Association for Forensic Entomology will take place in Crete (Greece), from 18th to 20th of May 2023 [17th evening welcome reception, 19th social dinner, 20th conference excursion]. The meeting location will be the Orthodox Academy of Crete where attendants will also find hospitality/accommodation. Further information (prices, deadlines, etc.) will be available soon.
Dear EAFE members,
as discussed during the AGM in Spain this June, this year will see an election round as two board member tenures are coming to an end:
- Damien CHARABIDZE – Board member
- Denise GEMMELARO (USA) - Associate member representative
Would you like to participate in the management of the association?
Please submit your candidacy for one of those roles, as well as a manifesto (short description of your activity and your motivation to be a board member and an ID picture as soon as possible, and in any case before 28th September 2022. Candidature will be visible on the web for a month.
More info can be found here : www.eafe.org/EAFE_Constitution.html
Find Lena LUTZ Candidacy.
All members with voting rights will receive their personal link to a voting platform. Results will be made public on the website.
Wishing you all the best,
Stefano Vanin, EAFE President
New Forensic Entomology papers
- Açıkgöz, HN, Multiple Drug Analysis of Chrysomya albiceps Larvae Provides Important Forensic Insights to Unravel Drug-Associated Mortalities. Vol. 128. 2018: BIOONE. 99-107.
Meriem Taleb, Ghania Tail, Halide Nihal Açıkgöz, Brahim Djedouani & Moussa Toumi (2018) First data on the distribution of Lucilia sericata Meigen, Calliphora vicina Robineau-Desvoidy and Chrysomya albiceps Wiedmann (Diptera, Calliphoridae) in Algeria Zoology and Ecology ISSN: 2165-8005 (Print) 2165-8013 (Online) Journal homepage:http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/tzec20
- Chick, A.I.R., (2016) Some records of Aphodiini (Scarabaeidae) on carrion. The Coleopterist. 25:3 111-113
- Chick, A.I.R. and Dye, A., (2017) Apis mellifera (Linnaeus, 1761) (Hymenoptera: Apidae) on carrion, a note of the behaviour and a review of the literature. The Entomologist's Record and Journal of Variation 129 (6) 311-312